Upload Users - How to change default settings

Upload Users - How to change default settings

by Ron Meske -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hello,

I have searched through he forums looking for a means of changing the default Upload users settings shown below.

Upload type
New user password
Existing user details
Existing user password
Force password change
Allow renames
Allow deletes
Allow suspending and activating of accounts
Prevent email address duplicates
Standardise usernames
Select for bulk user action
From what I can tell, I may need to edit the code or possibly the database to change these settings.  Is that correct?  If so, any guidance on how to go about this?

Regards,

Ron

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ron Meske

Re: Upload Users - How to change default settings

by James Steerpike -
When you upload a text file, those are options you can select using tick boxes during the upload process. There is no need for code or database changes.
Try with a simple text file containing a single user.
In reply to James Steerpike

by Ron Meske -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hello,

What I am looking to do is change the defaults of the options so they do not have to be changed each time an upload is done, which can be forgotten or adds extra steps.  The idea is to simplify the process.  This installation is in a business with high turn-over, so adding several new users each week in multiple locations is common.  So even saving a minute per upload is worthwhile.

What I am hoping for is some guidance on if this is something that can be done in the database or help with which file and portion of code in admin/tool/uploaduser/index.php needs to be modified. 

Thanks in advance for any advice and help.

Ron

In reply to Ron Meske

by Bruce Wilbee -

Ron, did you ever find a solution?  I'm dealing with the same thing.