PDF for annotation blank on some assignments, any commonalities?

PDF for annotation blank on some assignments, any commonalities?

by Scott Krajewski -
Number of replies: 4

We're running into this on certain assignments.  In a given class one assignment is fine, PDFs show up, and another assignment in the same class PDFs are all blank for grading.

We're using the Google Drive renderer.  It verifies fine (and is working since some assignments are just fine).

We're running moodle 3.3.1+ 20170817

Is there any place to find some error logging that isn't obvious?  Debugging mode yields no additional info.  It's like a silent fail.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Scott Krajewski

Re: PDF for annotation blank on some assignments, any commonalities?

by Scott Krajewski -

We discovered that the problematic assignments had both "Online text" and "File submissions" types.  When that is the case the PDFs were not being generated.

We just submitted a bug report

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-60251

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by David Colucci -

Scott,  Hey we just want to thank you for posting that.  The Online Text and File Submission Types are definitely causing us the same issue. BUG

PS.  Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the "Online Text" by default for ALL Homeworks?

In reply to David Colucci

by Scott Krajewski -

I believe you can set that in the module config

/admin/settings.php?section=assignsubmission_onlinetext

Since we changed that things have been much smoother.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by David Burke -

Hi Scott, 

I have noticed this issue and note that it might be similar to a bug I have reported. Annotation is not working for assignments where an audio file is submitted as well as a text file. This includes if the text editor is used to embed the file (your issue shows that perhaps what we are are seeing is perhaps 2 issues. My tracker is here, do you have anything to add to this: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-63472?filter=-2 

Cheers 

Dave