brows the user list

brows the user list

by neha pal -
Number of replies: 10

when i click brows user list the this error message is shown to me can u please help me

Exception - Using $this when not in object context

problem also occurs with the default Moodle "Clean" theme

kindly help 

Attachment screen-1.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to neha pal

Re: brows the user list

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Broken custom code or corrupted files when FTP'ing the installation to the server.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by neha pal -

actually i restore the site on another server after restoring this issue is occurring... so nw wt should i do

In reply to neha pal

by Suraj Kumar -

Hi Neha,

Change to default theme clean. Login as Admin & clear cache of your moodle application. 

<your-moodle-url>/admin/purgecaches.php

You may take this as a try. Hope this would rid out issue of showing error on default theme.

In reply to Suraj Kumar

by neha pal -

i follow ur steps

but after that it showing me the below error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@iapicp.meghdoot.info to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

In reply to neha pal

by Suraj Kumar -

Hi Neha,

Error that you were getting earlier - "Exception - Using $this when not in object context" was the code fault and that might be related to new theme. That's why it was suggested to change theme and purging all the cache. Internal Server Error is a very common error that comes with wrong server configuration, wrong code execution. 

I recently had this error on server and the issue was insufficient memory space. We increased memory_limit to get rid of this issue.

Do one thing to get detailed insight of errors. Please make developer debugging ON and then check the exact error details on that page.

Site Administrator => Development => Debugging => Developer : extra Moodle debug message for developer 

DeveloperDebuggingOnImage

Make sure that Display debug messages checkbox is checked.
This would help you to explore error in a better way.

Thanks.

Suraj

In reply to Suraj Kumar

by neha pal -

I have not use the new theme i just restore the old theme on new server

and it's already check in the debug messages checkbox but if i click Debug messages :: NONE then i m getting the Exception - Using $this when not in object context Error

and if i click Debug messages ::  Development then it show me internet server error

the whole moodle is working fine only the brows user  list and bulk user action is occurring the issue

kindly help

In reply to Suraj Kumar

by neha pal -

kindly help please

In reply to neha pal

by Suraj Kumar -

Hi Neha,

I am not sure but assume that in any of the case (even after changing the theme) you are getting this error on - Browse list of users page

<your-moodle-url>/admin/user.php

Also, you are getting same error on 

<your-moodle-url>/admin/user.phpuser/user_bulk.php

You are not able to access these pages any way. Please correct me if I am wrong and confirm.

I think that you have a very huge user base. Sometime insufficient configuration of resources (memory, execution time etc.) results into this error. Please ask for error log (apache error log) of that particular time when you have accessed the page. So, click the page and ask for recent entries of error log. It would be great if you can share. Error log would definitely help you in getting the cause of error.

Additionally, Please ask server administrator to increase these variable in .ini if possible and then make a try -

max_execution_time 900 (Default 30)
memory_limit  512M  (Default 128M)

Thanks.
Suraj

In reply to Suraj Kumar

by neha pal -

i m getting this all error when i select  Debugging => Developer

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; admin_setting_special_gradelimiting has a deprecated constructor in /home/novelin/public_html/endoquest/lib/adminlib.php on line 4891

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; moodleform_mod has a deprecated constructor in /home/novelin/public_html/endoquest/course/moodleform_mod.php on line 9

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; moodleform has a deprecated constructor in /home/novelin/public_html/endoquest/lib/formslib.php on line 124

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; MoodleQuickForm has a deprecated constructor in /home/novelin/public_html/endoquest/lib/formslib.php on line 1370

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; MoodleQuickForm_Renderer has a deprecated constructor in /home/novelin/public_html/endoquest/lib/formslib.php on line 2538

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; HTML_QuickForm has a deprecated constructor in /home/novelin/public_html/endoquest/lib/pear/HTML/QuickForm.php on line 97

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; HTML_QuickForm_Error has a deprecated constructor in /home/novelin/public_html/endoquest/lib/pear/HTML/QuickForm.php on line 1965

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; PEAR has a deprecated constructor in /home/novelin/public_html/endoquest/lib/pear/PEAR.php on line 87

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; PEAR_Error has a deprecated constructor in /home/novelin/public_html/endoquest/lib/pear/PEAR.php on line 796

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; HTML_Common has a deprecated constructor in /home/novelin/public_html/endoquest/lib/pear/HTML/Common.php on line 39

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; HTML_QuickForm_Renderer_Tableless has a deprecated constructor in /home/novelin/public_html/endoquest/lib/pear/HTML/QuickForm/Renderer/Tableless.php on line 45

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; HTML_QuickForm_Renderer_Default has a deprecated constructor in /home/novelin/public_html/endoquest/lib/pear/HTML/QuickForm/Renderer/Default.php on line 31

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; HTML_QuickForm_Renderer has a deprecated constructor in /home/novelin/public_html/endoquest/lib/pear/HTML/QuickForm/Renderer.php on line 29

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; auth_plugin_manual has a deprecated constructor in /home/novelin/public_html/endoquest/auth/manual/auth.php on line 38

what should i do with this all? 

hw i solve all this? 

this r actually errors?

In reply to neha pal

by Suraj Kumar -

Hi Neha,

Sorry for getting back late. I guess that you are running your moodle on higher version of PHP. In other words, your environment is updated and your moodle version is lower.

Quick answer from your side -

1. Errors that you have shared is what is that you have seen on Moodle page OR is this part of Apache error log file?
  2. The version of PHP, Apache (Webserver), Moodle and OS?
    if possible take screenshots of following page -
    <your-moodle-url>/admin/environment.php OR
    <your-moodle-url>/admin/phpinfo.php
  3. if possible, can you extract error log details of that time when you have accessed the "browse user list" Or "bulk user action" page (for safe side 5 min before and 5 min after)

Regarding your queries-

1. what should i do with this all? 
  2. hw i solve all this?  For 1 & 2 - 
    1. Version of php and moodle will help us more to dig-out 
    2. Upgrading lms would be nice-to-go alternate solution for such deprecation related issues.
  3. this r actually errors? - These are not actually errors but indication that convention or function will not be in use in near future.  
Thanks,

Suraj