Hi, i'm stucked on that frequent grader desease and am stalled at the same point days after days spend to find out what's happen here.
one of the hardest thing nin this plugin is the super-opaque process model the grader has, as after 10 attempts of figuring out the construction (and 10 years spent daily in moodle), i could'nt go any centimeter further. I'm probably sure that there is something in my additional plugins or theme constructs that collides somewhere with the way the grade works, but that is the point the the grader code is frightenly undebuggable for the following reasons :
- Grader buidls from a serie of asynchronous subrequests and jquery processings
- the way the ajax fetchs the content traverses an opaque abstract amd layer trying to help having a generic access to mustache templates and some environmental data. Unfortunalty, this layer is opaque and breack the functional traceability for any common developer.
- the AMD packaging and common coding methods are great for making clean packages, but we have a general issue of tracking events routing in the dom when attached dynamically (the errors usually track up to a JQuery event dispatcher and does not any more information about what was "higher"
for all those reasons grader issues are so hard to check and debug. I'm ok to endorse the effect all my pluginset on Moodle, but some developers of ours should think how their design is unfair to help all the other developers to get out of their swamp . I usually call this kind of design the "Genius paradox" (Oh gosh ! i'm sure no one in the world will be clever enough to understand my code !!! How much cryptic can i get it more ?!! )
In my case i have everything loading but the grader panel and the feedback pdf list content.
Unoconv is working now fine after i had to solve some permissions setup in the /var/www directory for libreoffice.
The test document displays and the routes to the libraries are fine.
what i cannot find at the moment is :
- where in the hell the review-panel-content is sollicitated for loading with the PDF editor
- when the unoconv conversion is invoked, (and why it is not invoked each time the page refreshes)
- which Ajax call is querying for the review panel content (in my case as long as i tried to get some idea of it, i didn't see any, (probably because not being launched somewhere it should be).
so a big thank to any who has some clever receipe and method to audit a bit more what's going on in it