Increase workshop submission max grade

Increase workshop submission max grade

by Juraj Juraj -
Number of replies: 0

Hello,

I have a simple question related to Moodle workshop:

• is there any way to increase workshop submission max grade from 100 to 1000? 10000? MAXINT?
  • And, if so, is there any way to increase rubric scores to more than 100?

I guess these are hardcoded values, so if it's possible to change them on a single place in the source code, that doesn't sound very bad.

Why? Well, if it matters:

What I need is detailed exported data about every student's answer on every rubric question for his every assessment of assigned submissions. Workshop currently doesn't have very extensive export options so at the moment, I can't do what I want.

But I can get exported data about every student's final submission grade given to/received from every other student (python code available on request). If I could reconstruct every answer on every rubric question from that single final score, it would solve my problem. And that is mathematically very possible, but I'd need rubric scores beyond 100. 10000 would probably do.

How exactly? Again, if it matters:

Lets say I have only 2 rubric questions, each with 3 possible answers: Yes, Mostly, and No. In the first question, I assign 0, 1 and 2 to the possible answers respectively. In the second question, I assign 0, 3 and 6 to the possible answers respectively. And as the result, from any final score I can reconstruct answers to each of the questions. For example, if the final score was 5, that means I have to write number 5 using base 3, which is 5=1*3^1+2*3^0 => 12, and those (1 and 2) are the answers (their scores) selected in grading.

Of course, in that case the received score students get won't be understandable to them, not without additional explanations, but that's not a problem in my case.

Thanks in advance!

Juraj

Average of ratings: -