Import-Function: Locked by dependencies

Import-Function: Locked by dependencies

by Paul K -
Number of replies: 1

Hello,

some of my lecturers have a problem to import the quiz activites from the former courses. They posses teacher rights on both courses, hovewer they are not able to use the import function on the quiz activity. They are able to import any other types of course activites. The following screenshot shows you the symbols which appears on the page with "locked by dependencies" status nearby the activites with the cross and padlock symbol.

Even the Moodle administrator does not have enough rights to import the questions. The only workaround which I found so far, is to backup the original course and then restore the content in the destination course.

It looks like that this problem appeared after the last Moodle update. We have updated our plattfrom from Moodle version 3.1 into 3.3.2 couple of days ago.

Does any of you have an idea what is the reason, and how to solve it? I really appreciate for any suggestion.

Best regards

Paul

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul K

Re: Import-Function: Locked by dependencies

by Paul K -

I have found the issue and the solution. The following option was disabled and therefore it was not possible to import the quiz activity. This option can be found under "General import settings" in system backend.

Include question bank backup | backup_import_questionbank
Default: Yes

If enabled the question bank will be included in backups by default. PLEASE NOTE: Disabling this setting will disable the backup of activities which use the question bank, such as the quiz.