File upload hangs

File upload hangs

by Mike Finch -
Number of replies: 1

Moodle 3.0.2

Server:  Windows Server 2008 R2

Database:  Microsoft SQL Server

I have installed a new Moodle website from scratch.  I setup this new website in the same way as a old Moodle website.  However, on the new website, I cannot upload any files to it.  For example:

• If I want to add an image to a Label resource, I browse for the image file, select one, and click the "Upload this file" button.  But the busy icon just spins indefinitely.
  • If I want to upload users, I drag-n-drop the CSV listing those users into the filebox.  But the blue progress bar below the filename just remains there indefinitely.

JavaScript is enabled, so that should not be the problem.  If JavaScript was not enabled, the filebox in the "Upload users" page would not work or animate. 

The data directory (c:\lms\moodle_data) has granted write permission to the Users group.

The database is working.  I can manually do stuff like create users and courses and course categories.  So, the database itself is not the problem.

I have purged all caches several times.  But, that does not help.

The problem occurs whether I use Internet Explorer or Firefox.

Both this new website and the old website are installed on the same server.  Both are using the same version of Moodle.  And the old website can still upload files.  That is what is so frustrating about this problem.

Can anyone offer a suggestion about why file upload hangs indefinitely?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -