GPLS Ghostcript 9.18 -- Issues

GPLS Ghostcript 9.18 -- Issues

by Josiah Philipsen -
Number of replies: 2

I am on moodle 3.2.3 running on Ubuntu 16.04 and I get an email when my cron job has a problem. I run my cron job every minute, but about every 15 minutes I get an email with a few of these listed. I check on the scheduled_tasks and it looks like the task:

\assignfeedback_editpdf\task\convert_submissions   */15 * * * * *    Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 3:00 PM

I can't seem to trace down why this error is showing up though. I've looked at unoconv, gs, libreoffice and all of them have been installed based on moodles recommendations and are up to date. Any advice on how to troubleshoot or any other information would be great. 

Thanks,

Josiah

GPL Ghostscript 9.18: Some glyphs of the font MKCALL+TimesNewRomanPSMT requires a patented True Type interpreter.
GPL Ghostscript 9.18: Some glyphs of the font MKCALL+TimesNewRomanPSMT requires a patented True Type interpreter.
GPL Ghostscript 9.18: Some glyphs of the font ESSYNC+TimesNewRomanPS-BoldMT requires a patented True Type interpreter.
GPL Ghostscript 9.18: Some glyphs of the font ESSYNC+TimesNewRomanPS-BoldMT requires a patented True Type interpreter.
GPL Ghostscript 9.18: The font MQEFAU+TimesNewRomanPS-ItalicMT requires a patented True Type interpreter.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Josiah Philipsen

Re: GPLS Ghostcript 9.18 -- Issues

by AulaWeb Università di Genova -

It seems the Ubuntu package of Ghostscript is no linked with FreeType (or some similar problem).

Download and compile Ghostscript from source to solve the issue.

In reply to AulaWeb Università di Genova

Re: GPLS Ghostcript 9.18 -- Issues

by Josiah Philipsen -
Thank you so much. This worked. I did uninstall and re-install from the repo, but I never installed GS from source. 

I installed it and it cleared up immediately. I appreciate the response and the insight.