Ratings display in wrong place

Ratings display in wrong place

by Gordon McLeod -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a solution to this issue that didn't involve hacking core code.

When a glossary has ratings enabled for entries, the rating is displayed underneath each entry, UNDER the solid line. This means that when users see it the rating appears to be for the next entry BELOW the line. I'd like it to display above the line so it is contained within the entry it refers to (see screenshot).

Glossary Display

It's a small issue - but has major usability implications if you want staff (or students) to rate entries.

Thanks, Gordon.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gordon McLeod

Re: Ratings display in wrong place

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Gordon,

I agree with you that ratings should display above the line. Displaying below the line seems like a bug to me.

I had a look in the Moodle Tracker and couldn't find any report of the problem, so perhaps you'd like to create an issue for it? Otherwise I can. I checked and found that ratings display below the line in Moodle 3.3 for both Boost and Clean.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Gordon McLeod -

Thanks Helen,

I've raised a bug report - https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-60181

I'm now thinking I should check if the Database activity does the same - but there are soooo many improvements needed for that plugin I could spend the rest of the week just logging bug requests!

Regards, Gordon.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gordon McLeod

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks Gordon for reporting the bug.

For anyone reading this discussion, if you'd like the bug to be fixed, please go to MDL-60181 and vote for it. (If you've not used the Moodle tracker before, you'll need to create an account in order to be able to vote and comment etc. on issues.)