Capability issue with gradereport

Capability issue with gradereport

by CMS IT Support -
Number of replies: 4

An error (possibly introduced during upgrade of 3.3.1 -> 3.3.2) is affecting our Manager roles (not the System Admins) whilst viewing a User Profile from Browse List of Users. The following errors are displayed (alongside additional stack trace):

• Capability "gradereport/report_completion:view" was not found! This has to be fixed in code.
  • Capability "gradereport/report_log:view" was not found! This has to be fixed in code.
  • Capability "gradereport/report_outline:view" was not found! This has to be fixed in code.
  • Capability "gradereport/report_stats:view" was not found! This has to be fixed in code.
  • Capability "gradereport/report_usersessions:view" was not found! This has to be fixed in code.

Moodle documentation on the Grader Report (https://docs.moodle.org/33/en/Grader_report) indicates there is a single Capability available of grader:view (https://docs.moodle.org/33/en/Capabilities/gradereport/grader:view)

Having checked the System Admin | User | Permissions | Capability Overview, I can find only the following capabilities, the errors above are missing!

• gradereport/grader:view: View the grader report
  • gradereport/history:view: View the grade history
  • gradereport/outcomes:view: View the outcomes report
  • gradereport/overview:view: View the overview report
  • gradereport/singleview:view: View report
  • gradereport/user:view: View your own grade report

Our Manager role is Allow on all of these.

The stack trace indicates capability code is missing from line 2423 of /lib/navigationlib.php see attachment for full error stack.

I've also had a look in the theme | navigation customusermenuitems as this is the only other area I can find that talks about 'Grades' and 'Reports'.

I would really value any ideas as to where to start on fixing this? Many thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to CMS IT Support

Re: Capability issue with gradereport

by Nathalie Veuillez -

I have exactly the same issue, following a 3.3.1 -> 3.3.2 migration.

I would appreciate directions to fix this,

Thanks,

In reply to Nathalie Veuillez

by CMS IT Support -

Hi Nathalie,

Up-voting the bug at Moodle Tracker as MDL-60314 might speed up a fix. Just a thought.

In reply to CMS IT Support

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
This does look like some kind of bug ... I'd advise you to file a report in the Moodle Tracker (and link to that from here).