Multi-Section Quiz in moodle

Multi-Section Quiz in moodle

by Yuri Jean-Marie -
Number of replies: 0
Hello,

I am using moodle version 3.3.1 on a Xampp apache server with mysql database. I am interested in making a multiple choice quiz that has the following features:

1.  Has multiple sections (e.g. Quiz on Physics has sections Thermodynamics, Electromagnetism, Relativity etc.)
  2.  Each section must be passed 70% or greater to pass the entire quiz. 
  3.  Feedback must be given on whether you pass a section or not and the grade/score for each section
  4. Feedback must be given on whether you passed the entire quiz.

I understand that this functionality may not be innately possible with moodle. I cannot use multiple quizzes for each section as I am creating a quiz based on quiz/exam that has been in use for decades and has an already established set of rules(particularly time for the quiz) that cannot be changed by the stakeholders easily.  

So, can moodle provide a quiz with the features above? If not, are there any plugins that can provide that functionality(i have looked with no luck). If that isn't possible can anyone point me in the right direction to create a plugin or edit moodle php code to create this functionality. Alternatively,  is there a way to use the same countdown timer for multiple quizzes, in so much that once i finish a quiz and continue onto the next one the timer will stop and then only start when i have started the next quiz(section). 

Any help at all will be appreciated. I am fairly new to moodle and i dont normally post to forums as i believe that most questions already have answers that can be found with a little perseverance. But i have looked extensively and have come up against a brick wall. So, thanks in advance smile

Average of ratings: -