Linking competencies to an activity

Linking competencies to an activity

by yaw larbi -
အကြောင်းပြန်မှု အရေအတွက်: 5

Can someone help?. I have created a competency framework and populated it with competencies. Each competency has a number of child competencies. The problem is that when I try to link competencies to my activities, I am only presented with a list of the parent competencies (i.e. Unit 1) The child competencies (U1_1.1, U1.2 etc) are not visible. Have I missed something. Thanks

Activity competencies

ပျှမ်းမျှအဆင့်သတ်မှတ်ချက်များ: -
yaw larbi ထံသို့ အကြောင်းပြန်ရာတွင်

Re: Linking competencies to an activity

by Damyon Wiese -

You need to make sure you added the child competencies to the course and not the parent ones (you could add the parent ones if you wanted). 

Damyon Wiese ထံသို့ အကြောင်းပြန်ရာတွင်

by yaw larbi -

Ah!! Thanks Damyon. I shall do that. Thankfully I don't have too long a list of child competencies.

by yaw larbi -

Child competencies now showing when trying to add competencies to activity. I had to link my individual child competencies (U1_1.1, U1_1.2 etc) to the course to show up.

I would have thought, by linking only the parent competencies i.e. Unit-1, Unit-2 etc to the course, I would have been presented with an expandable tree structure from which to select a child or children competencies from their respective parents when adding competencies to my activities; unless of course as a newbie to moodle, I'm missing a trick. 

Again, thanks

by Dan McGuire -

That would be my expectation for how it would work, too.

Dan McGuire ထံသို့ အကြောင်းပြန်ရာတွင်

by yaw larbi -

If anyone has a workaround to making this work the way I hope for, it will be greatly appreciated. 

The course I'm creating has three levels; with about sixty outcome/competencies specified at each level. At this rate I'll probably be past retirement by the time I'm done. Exaggerating of course.