Linking competencies to an activity

Linking competencies to an activity

ved yaw larbi -
Antal besvarelser: 5

Can someone help?. I have created a competency framework and populated it with competencies. Each competency has a number of child competencies. The problem is that when I try to link competencies to my activities, I am only presented with a list of the parent competencies (i.e. Unit 1) The child competencies (U1_1.1, U1.2 etc) are not visible. Have I missed something. Thanks

Activity competencies

Gennemsnitsbedømmelse: -
I svar til yaw larbi

Re: Linking competencies to an activity

ved Damyon Wiese -

You need to make sure you added the child competencies to the course and not the parent ones (you could add the parent ones if you wanted). 

Gennemsnitsbedømmelse:Useful (1)
I svar til Damyon Wiese

ved yaw larbi -

Ah!! Thanks Damyon. I shall do that. Thankfully I don't have too long a list of child competencies.

I svar til yaw larbi

ved yaw larbi -

Child competencies now showing when trying to add competencies to activity. I had to link my individual child competencies (U1_1.1, U1_1.2 etc) to the course to show up.

I would have thought, by linking only the parent competencies i.e. Unit-1, Unit-2 etc to the course, I would have been presented with an expandable tree structure from which to select a child or children competencies from their respective parents when adding competencies to my activities; unless of course as a newbie to moodle, I'm missing a trick. 

Again, thanks

I svar til yaw larbi

ved Dan McGuire -

That would be my expectation for how it would work, too.

I svar til Dan McGuire

ved yaw larbi -

If anyone has a workaround to making this work the way I hope for, it will be greatly appreciated. 

The course I'm creating has three levels; with about sixty outcome/competencies specified at each level. At this rate I'll probably be past retirement by the time I'm done. Exaggerating of course.