XBox 360, XBox 360 Live, SCORM and Moodle-Like LMS Service for Kids

XBox 360, XBox 360 Live, SCORM and Moodle-Like LMS Service for Kids

by Tom Schaefer -
Number of replies: 0

Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 1:28 PM
To: 'bizdev@riverdeep.net'  (The Learning Company)
Subject: XBox 360, XBox 360 Live, SCORM and Moodle-Like LMS Service for Kids

Hello,

I have bought and enjoyed using several of your titles over the years, and realize your company has an unprecedented share of the retail learning software business. I was wondering if anyone there is thinking about leveraging the technology of the Xbox 360, Xbox 360 Live, in conjunction with Shareable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) content and Learning Management Systems (LMSs) like Moodle to integrate learning with entertainment.

As a parent, I feel the public schools do not do an adequate job of pushing my son forward to the limits of his abilities. With my limited time and software like yours, I can make much faster progress, but the progress is ad-hoc and catch as catch can. I think there is a HUGE opportunity to structure electronic learning outside of (and perhaps integrated with) the classroom by leveraging the unprecedented technology of the Xbox 360 as a learning content presentation device and Xbox 360 Live as a learning management mechanism, subscription-based.

I am sure someone at Microsoft would LOVE to talk to you about this, as there is a large class of affluent parents who would be much more likely to spend $300+ on an Xbox 360 if there was some educational value. I already own one and have mixed feelings about it in my sons life. If you want, Id be happy to talk to you further about this.

Thanks for your time,

Tom Schaefer

Average of ratings: -