Academi themesSetting up a Site Front Page

Academi themesSetting up a Site Front Page

by Mark Miller -
Number of replies: 4

The last time I worked with Moodle was 2.7; I've installed 3.1.1.

I found, uploaded, and installed [yea me] the "academi" theme.  That, however, is about as far as I'm able to get.

I'm currently taking a class through Moodle at a different institution.  Their front page, while containing far more info than I have [front page pcj500.jpg] is the direction I'm hoping to go.

My front page [my front page500.jpg] leaves a lot to be desired after trying a lot of online docs and an administrator's book to help me along.

The more I read, the more I get lost.

I realize this way, way too general in scope.  I don't know enough to ask a specific question.

Might you, perhaps, be able to suggest a few steps I can/should take to get me started; i.e.

1. Enter front page text using block X

2. Stop trying; it's never going to work.

My hope is that once I get started, I can scootch myself down the road a little further.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

mark

(Edited by Mary Cooch - original submission Saturday, 16 September 2017, 3:07 AM)

Attachment front page pcj 500.jpg
Attachment my front page500.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Miller

Re: Academi theme:Setting up a Site Front Page

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I am going to move your post to the Themes forum as this is really about the Academi theme. Presumably there is some documentation about the Academi front page settings. (I personally haven't used it.)

In reply to Mark Miller

Re: Academi themesSetting up a Site Front Page

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Mark,

Am I wrong in assuming that:

1. the organisation you work for uses Moodle?
  2. the Moodle you are using is so that you can mimic the main site?

If this is correct then you need to ask for a copy of the main site's Moodle Theme

It;s easy enough to make your Moodle site similar to the main site but easier if you have the original layouts to copy.

The nearest theme to look anything like the one you want to mimic is called Essential, Which might be a better theme to start with if the collage theme is not available to you.

Hope this helps?

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Mark Miller -

Thanks for the recommendation on essential.

The two examples are from two different institutions.  The one with actual content that I would like to mimic is a college that I take classes from

The second example is what I'm starting with.  I don't want to get too far into it until I'm sure it's what I really want.

I've asked the school about the theme they are using, but it's apparently some sort of secret.

I'm going to get "Essential" within the hour and give it a try.

tnx

mm

In reply to Mark Miller

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Mark,

That theme looks familar, it's a cross between the old SkyHigh and Aardvark themes, but with added features. I'll send you a link to it via the Messenger here, as it is a commercial theme.

Cheers

Mary