Standard IDE for mobile development

Standard IDE for mobile development

by Farzin Khalilzadeh -
Number of replies: 2
Hi everyone,

Our team has been working on a Moodle based website customized for our culture. I work as the mobile developer in this team. Between the suggested tools and IDEs our team have chosen Eclipse for developing the website. I have been thoroughly searching the Moodle Mobile documentations but haven't been able to find many standards for mobile development environments. Except for this document which suggests using Sublime IDE and plugins for AngularJS and Ionic framework which I've been using them until now.

We as a startup team are trying to use same IDEs and development tools as much as possible while complying to Moodle standards. My question here is that does Moodle suggest any development environment (IDEs, tools, etc) for developing custom mobile apps? Is using Eclipse for hybrid mobile apps efficient? Is it even a correct strategy to use development environments for mobile same as for Moodle website? (since at core they both use similar web development technologies)

Thanks in advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Farzin Khalilzadeh

Re: Standard IDE for mobile development

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

we don't use any particular IDE.

We just use a text editor (like Sublime 3 or Atom) and a Chromium browser installation to test.

That's more than enough to develop the mobile app

In reply to Juan Leyva

Re: Standard IDE for mobile development

by Farzin Khalilzadeh -
Thank you for the response. Just as you said we decided that there is no strict standard IDE for mobile development.

If anyone else is looking for a good IDE I suggest have a look at JBOSS tools for Eclipse. I'm currently trying it and it's been good so far. It's especially suited for hybrid mobile development and you can create cordova projects with it.