Recordingsbn does not record

Re: Recordingsbn does not record

by Jesus Federico -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Andres,

First of all I'd like to tell you that cross-posting is not cool. Specially when it is the same technical people the one you are trying to reach. I keep waiting for you to respond the questions I asked in the bigbluebutton mailing list smile.

I assume now that you are using test-install as your BBB server. The server that comes pre-configured by default for testing only. The waiting time of 15 mins is just a rough estimation and it changes from one server to other depending of lots of factors. In this case it can be less or much more as the server is used for hundreds of sessions every day.

If that is the case I can tell you that there was a backlog of recordings being processed at some point during the week, but it is good now. You should be able to see them (and create new ones) now.

Just created one this morning.

http://test-install.blindsidenetworks.com/playback/presentation/2.0/playback.html?meetingId=d6e24c2d2e2fb519dfdbc1b17fd5b366da87e096-1505484687909

If you have an issue with your own BBB server it is better to follow-up in the BBB mailing list. You just have to be patient. It may take a time for your response to come up.

Also the mailing lists in English are more responsive as there are hundreds of developers actively contributing there.

Cheers,

JF