Automatic enable calendar sync of all courses, Site calendar and personal calendar with the O365 plugin

Automatic enable calendar sync of all courses, Site calendar and personal calendar with the O365 plugin

by Gunnar Restorff -
Number of replies: 2

We have set up the office 365 suite plug in with Moodle 3.3. The outlook calendar sync does work, but every student and faculty needs to go to the "Outlook calendar sync settings" in the Microsoft block. Then enable the sync and save. And then to go back in and tick of every course, the sitewise calendar and the personal calendar to get it synced.

We would really like to be able to do the opposite: All users - connected with O365 - have as default enabled the sync, and all calendars are as default synced. Then user can untick as they want. Is there any setting that makes this possible? Or could I run a cron job daily that does this for me (as there might come new students and new courses). I don't think that it is enough just to write in the sql database that it has been enabled, since the O365 and Moodle are exchanging data upon the creation (a calendar is created in O365 and a hash/salt string seems to be exchanged).

Is this possible? If not, I would really like to get ideas for a hack, and I would like to suggest to include this as a feature in the office 365 suite plugin in the future, as other system admins have asked me for exactly the same feature.

I don't know if this is the right forum, if not, please excuse me and point me to where I should post this instead.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gunnar Restorff

Re: Automatic enable calendar sync of all courses, Site calendar and personal calendar with the O365 plugin

by Sanni Rinne -

We are having the same problem. The sync should be a default to all students but currently everybody needs to sync it themselves.

Have you or anyone found a solution to this?