Using the Workshop activity with groups that have different phase dates

Using the Workshop activity with groups that have different phase dates

by Rob McCart -
Number of replies: 3

I have a course with groups that will access the content at different times. I would like to use the Workshop activity but it appears that changing the phase for the activity changes the phase for all students.

Is it possible to change the phase for a specific group?

Using Moodle 3.2.2+ (Build: 20170331).

Thanks, Rob

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rob McCart

Re: Using the Workshop activity with groups that have different phase dates

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

No, not possible in the current versions.

In reply to David Mudrák

by Paula Clough -

Rob,

Since the groups can't have separate times start times in one workshop as per David,  you might instead duplicate the workshop activity and make it separate groups with only one group in each workshop. Since you say the groups will begin at different times, you can set the restriction also by date so it is not available until that group is ready for it. You can hide the activity after it is completed to help avoid confusion. If you do be sure to set gradebook settings allow hidden grades to be included.

cool

In reply to Paula Clough

by Rob McCart -

Thanks for the reply. I will likely go with separate activities with a restriction on group. 

Rob