I'm working on enabling one of my activity modules for MoodleMobile. I've got the development environment set up and working with MoodleMobile running in Chromium, this successfully connects to my Moodle test systems. This wasn't too painful since I've already written a few Android apps from scratch, one of which was done with Cordova.
I've got a basic module set up and have put in the appropriate zip file and db/mobile.php entry. When I start up MoodleMobile, I can see from my webserver log that the zip file is downloaded, so clearly the set up to tell MoodleMobile that the remote addon is available is working and I get Registered addon messages for course content, prefetch and link handler in the browser console.
However, that's the extent of what I can get to work. The icon which I defined in the handler getController method isn't used (I still see the jigsaw piece icon for an unsupported module) and when I click on the activity I get the "You can still use it using your devices browser" message, although the earlier part about the mod not being supported and contacting your sysadmin is now missing, which suggests that the module is being partially detected at this point causing that message to be hidden. There is not nothing else which relates to the module, so I can only assume that something critical is missing, but I'm at a loss as to what that could be since I've largely copied the page module code verbatim (with appropriate adjustments to the mod name.
So the question is, how do validate the basic structure of the plugin so I can work out what is wrong, or trigger an error message that gives me a clue,
Thanks in anticipation!