Problems since upgrade from Moodle 3.1 to 3.3

Problems since upgrade from Moodle 3.1 to 3.3

by Wim Camps -
Number of replies: 4

We upgraded from Moodle 3.1 to Moodle 3.3 and are having troubles displaying our exercises since. The layout is different and drag and drop seems to be disabled. Does anybody have any clue?

Exercise in Moodle 3.1

Exercise in Moodle 3.3

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Wim Camps

Re: Problems since upgrade from Moodle 3.1 to 3.3

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

What theme are you using?
If you switch to the "Clean" theme, does the exercise display as you expect?

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Wim Camps -

We have theme Boost and I am not in the position to change the theme. I solved it bij changing Screen --> navigation --> none (although not ideal). 

In reply to Wim Camps

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks for the extra info.

I was able to reproduce the issue using Boost on Moodle 3.3.

The cause of the problem was that the javascript that adds the draggable elements was delayed until after that document had loaded,. As a result, the draggable elements were placed outside the main content area, so the CSS styles were not applied.

Additionally, there was a problem with the calculation of the width of the draggable elements on the Boost theme, caused by the inappropriate adjustment for "strict" box sizing.

Both issues have been fixed, and a new release of the HotPot is available from github.com and moodle.org.

Please arrange for the HotPot module on your Moodle site to be updated at the next convenient opportunity.

Many thanks for bringing this issue to my attention approve

Best regards
Gordon

P.S. These issues also affect the TaskChain module, so I have fixed that as well.

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Wim Camps -

It works like a charm. Many thanks.