Assign resource just to one student

Assign resource just to one student

by Francois Parlant -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I have a list of a hundred project, and I would like a way to assign at random to my 80 students... But I want a project to be assigned just once.

Is there an activity which can do this.

(Only found a conversation from 2009 where Mary Cooch proposed a group setting, not sure how that works in Moodle 3.3)

Thank you for your help

Regards

François

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Francois Parlant

Re: Assign resource just to one student

by Francois Parlant -

Please,

any help on how to distribute projects : each student a different one.

Is there an option in "quiz" for that?

Regards

François

In reply to Francois Parlant

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi. I did read your original post but the difficulty I found was in the fact that you want to distribute the projects randomly. For example it is very easy to set the same assignment to individuals (by putting them in separate groups) and it is easy to let learners choose their own project, by adding them all as Choice options. But it is the random allocation that I am struggling to find a solution for- it would be very interesting to see any suggestions.

If you didn't have hundreds of students, you could do it with the contributed group choice plugin.

• Make the required number of groups and add them to the group choice 
  • Learners pick a group -the groups are simply numbered group 1, 2 etc
  • They are then automatically put in a group. You will have already then set up individual assignments with the project details for each of those projects.

That would work with twenty or so -but for any more,the organisation of it would be cumbersome I think.

Maybe there is an obviously simple way we are overlooking?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Francois Parlant -

Thank you Mary for your kind answer.

I will have a look at the contributed group choice plugin to check how it works (not sure I already tried it).

As you said, not sure the "grouping" process fits the need for a large number of students.

Hopefully someone will come up with a suggestion or a new plugin for this.

Thanks again

François