Override quiz question score

Override quiz question score

by Greg R -
Number of replies: 5

Morning,

I've been having some trouble identifying how to manually override a quiz question score.  I had students working on scientific notation who entered in the correct answer but used 'x' as a multiplication sign.  I would like to override their score to give them full credit.  Currently the quiz is set to Adaptive mode with a 10% penalty per attempt.  

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Greg R

Re: Override quiz question score

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You can override quiz scores from the grader report...

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Greg R -

Thank you for the response.  However, I would like to override the score of an individual question within the quiz, not the total quiz score.

In reply to Greg R

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

As teacher, review the student's quiz attempt. Then use the 'Make comment or override grade' link.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Greg R -

Thanks Tim!  Worked like a charm.  It's too bad that this can't be done from the results page (had to modify grades for 30 students due to a bad question).

Cheers.

In reply to Greg R

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

If you need to modify results for a lot of students on the same question, try Quiz administration -> Results -> Manual grading. (However, the navigation changes in the Boost theme got rid of the admin block, so it is now much harder to find that page.)

Average of ratings: Useful (3)