Sharing and editing topics between courses?? and tool suggestion ...

Sharing and editing topics between courses?? and tool suggestion ...

by Nuno Estrela -
Number of replies: 3

Hi everyone, I am completely new to this system, so my apologies if the question is too basic. Two questions in one post actually....

1 - Each week, I am uploading the content of of my previous lesson as a new 'Topic'  and, as it stands, I have to copy/paste and, sometimes, recover images, edit or add corrections individually to each of my courses. Is there any better way to do this so that I can edit/post to all courses at once (or easily share)?

2 - what would the best tool be in order to post a table which all students in one course could access on screen and edit its content. The idea is to creating an online system for booking rooms where students add their name to the corresponding cell in the table (time/room).

Thank you so much in advance .... 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nuno Estrela

Re: Sharing and editing topics between courses?? and tool suggestion ...

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

For #1, I am not sure if this will help you, but I actually keep all of my topic information in a separate webpage, and then I link to it within Moodle.  For example, here is a copy of one of my Resources webpages.  I find that using a more powerful web editing, like Dreamweaver, more efficient than LMS editors.  This is especially true when I want to share Resources between courses.  Dreamweaver makes it easy to copy webpages, edit them, fix errors, etc.

For #2, I don't do this, but maybe Google docs would work.  I don't know this tool and how it controls editing.

In reply to Nuno Estrela

Re: Sharing and editing topics between courses?? and tool suggestion ...

by Nuno Estrela -

Good suggestions, work-arrounds, but these should do the trick smile  

Thanks