How to remove the large gap above a SCORM package when it opens in the current window

How to remove the large gap above a SCORM package when it opens in the current window

by Graham Clark -
Number of replies: 2

I have used Articulate Storyline 3 to create a SCORM 1.2 package which I have then loaded into my Moodle 3.1 installation using the SCORM activity module. In the settings for my SCORM package I have indicated that I would like the SCORM package to open in the current window.

However, whilst my SCORM package opens in the current window, there is a large gap between the top edge of my SCORM package and the top edge of the current window (See attached file). My SCORM package appears to be centred vertically in the current window.

When I reduce the size of the content in my browser doing so reduces the size of the current window. However, this increases the height of the gap above the top edge of my SCORM package and the top edge of the current window (See attached file).

Is there some way of reducing the gap between the top edge of my SCORM package and the top of the current window? In other words, I would like my SCORM package to sit close to the top of the screen.

Attachment new.png
Attachment PMB2017_1  Module 5  Manage Project Risk.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Graham Clark

Re: How to remove the large gap above a SCORM package when it opens in the current window

by Leah Hemeon -
Picture of Testers

Hi Graham,

I know your post here is a bit older but I was scrolling through and thought I'd pop on in case you hadn't found anything yet. We too struggled with the layout of the SCORM player window in Moodle. It turned out to be related to theme and CSS settings/configuration. I don't have the exact details because a developer helped us modify the theme to clean it up. You might want to take a look in that direction though if you haven't already. Another alternative may be to have the SCORM package open in a new window (pop-up). We've found the pop-up to be much cleaner and our only issue there is end users with pop-up blockers who aren't sure how to disable them for Moodle.

Good luck!

In reply to Leah Hemeon

Re: How to remove the large gap above a SCORM package when it opens in the current window

by Kristian C -

Yes, I would strongly recommend using the popup option.