General help

Prevent course creator from completing his own activities

Picture of Kostas Kostas
Prevent course creator from completing his own activities

Hi, in Moodle 3.2, I want the course creators to be prevented from completing the resourses/activities within their own courses (the ones they create), but still be able to complete the activities in other courses created by other course creators and managers.

Is that possible, and how?

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Howard Miller
Re: Prevent course creator from completing his own activities
Core developersDocumentation writersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

I don't use the Course Creator role but I thought the point was that they could create the course but were not enrolled on it. So, they should not be able to access any courses by default.

The courses you do want them to do.... enrol them into the course in the same way you do everybody else. 

Mary Cooch
Documentation writersMoodle Course Creator Certificate holdersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersTestersTranslators

I thought course creators automatically get given the editing teacher role in courses they create (according to User policies in the Permissions area of Site admin) although you can change this to non-editing teacher or manager. However, I can't immediately see a way to prevent them accessing a course they themselves have created. Perhaps someone else can suggest a way?

Picture of Howard Miller
Core developersDocumentation writersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

Ahh.... my mistake then. As I say, I don't ever recall using the Course Creator role for anything.