Upgrade issue when Upgrading to Moodle 3.1

Upgrade issue when Upgrading to Moodle 3.1

by Paul Raper -
Number of replies: 0

The university where I work have recently upgraded to Moodle 3.1. In doing so they also added a new Theme - Look and Feel.

Prior to the upgrade, we were able to set up a grade book, include grade items through which we could convert point scores on a 0 to 100 scale to Marks based on 1 to 6. Our country wide excepted norm.

However, post the upgrade we are no longer able to achieve this. We can go in and edit grade books, that we set up prior to the upgrade, but any new grade book in which we create a new grade item will not allow us to then edit the calculation. See screen shot below.

If I export to course to Moodle 3.3, a private version of my own, edit the calculations, and then re-import the course back into 3.1, I can once again edit the calculations.

Does anyone have any views on this?

One thing I did notice when I migrated to 3.3 is that the rights that people have in the 3.1 Moodle seem to be greatly reduced.

Perhaps a thought is that somewhere along the lines when upgrading from the previous Moodle version to the 3.1 version, some rights were lost? A very odd situation.

Attachment 2017-09-07 13_18_55-Grades_ Setup - Internet Explorer.png