Importing Quiz with Category and Category Description

Importing Quiz with Category and Category Description

by Patrick Hallermann -
Number of replies: 1

Hello all,

thank you for reading smile

I have Moodle 3.0 installed and am trying to bulk upload quizzes via import in GIFT format.

I need to add some text to the question in a form that is not shown to students but can be included in a report for teachers. Something like maybe a category description, tag or similar. Below is a GIFT format of what is uploaded, the bold text is a mockup of what I am hoping to add:

$CATEGORY: Category of the question:

$WANT_THIS_REPORTED: This text is not visible to students. It can be seen by teachers running a report.

Question text.

{

~wrong answer

~wrong answer

~wrong answer.

=correct answer

}

Is there a good way to achieve this? Or can anyone perhaps recommend another way to do this?

Thank you in advance for your help smile

Pat

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Patrick Hallermann

Re: Importing Quiz with Category and Category Description

by Eoin Campbell -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

The GIFT import format supports named question using the ::title:: symbol, and question names aren't displayed to students, I think, so you could possibly use this to support text for teachers.

If using tags is sufficient for your reports, a possible alternative is my WordTable plugin, which supports tags and hints. I'm not sure how they can be used in reports, though the Question Search plugin might help.