Fordson Slider Images

Fordson Slider Images

by Emma Richardson -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

So here is a question for you, Chris - where are the images for the slider stored?  I ask because I am having a very strange thing happen where the slider is pulling images that I did not include in the slider settings!!  I have tried clearing caches to no avail.  All I can think is that Fordson is using the same folder as another theme that I was using at some point and that it is not randomly pulling images from that folder...

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: Fordson Slider Images

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Interesting - that must be it then.  Any plans to make the slider images responsive?  I noticed that they just cut off on smaller screens...

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I use the image as a background and make it responsive using cover in the css.  This method maintains width and height but shifts the image to fill the div.

Apparently we use slider images much differently than a lot of folks.  We don't use them to display text or information.  

They are merely there to further draw attention to the actual message which is in the textbox.  

In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by Emma Richardson -

Yes, I am using your theme on another site I manage where I am in the process of replacing a Joomla/Moodle combo with purely Moodle.

I was hoping to put our logo in the first slide and use the slider as an overview of some of our programs but that is not going to work as is.  Not a big deal, I can adjust!