Essental Theme Moving My Courses Menu Item

Essental Theme Moving My Courses Menu Item

by David Hallam -
Number of replies: 5

Hi im conveting the essential them which ie excellent by the way for our college look and feel.

Im having two niggling issues that i would like to resolve.

First Love the My Courses menubar item on the top left but is their any way to move it to the far right of the menu.

As i already have a custom My courses menu on the right and wold love this to replace it. Also any way to make a click on the My Courses menu to go stright to the dashboard?

Also im getting a while line flicker above the menubar that only happens in IE under mouse scrolling, have had a google around and it could be a CSS javascript error, has anyone come across this before and have any ideas or fixing it? Can across that its ie css code with background-attachment:fixed????

Any help would be excellent as im so close to going live on the new theme for 3.3

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Hallam

Re: Essental Theme Moving My Courses Menu Item

by David Hallam -

Hi i resolved the header stutter, as it looks like if i changed the menu to above their was a line separator.

Came across another thred about removing this, so added this to the custom CSS

#page-header {  border-bottom: 0 none; }

now is working spot on

just need to move the my courses if poss

In reply to David Hallam

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi David, 

Can you please follow the Forum Rules listed on the page you started this discussion.

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by David Hallam -

No Problem, im using

theme_essential
3.3.1.0 (Build: 2017040304)

And the moodle version is 3.3.1+ (Build: 20170817)

This is currantly on a development server while i get the theme toghther so is not a live moodle instalation.

Cheers

In reply to David Hallam

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

In that case if you have access to the layout files for this theme, then if you open essential/layout/tiles/navbar.php

Using a text editor open the navbar.php file and move the custom_course_menu line of code and place it after the custom_menu line of code, using cut and paste.

In reply to Mary Evans

by David Hallam -

Cheers for the info but custom_course_menu and custom_menu dont seem to be in the navbar.php file

I have attached the current navbar.php thats on 3.3 as they may have changed some namings around.

Scrap that i used Notepad ++ and was easier to identify the code needed to move, now working spot on.

Also is it possaible to make the My Courses navbar clickable to also go to /my/index.php the same as the dashboard link underneath?

As current staff are also used to just clicking on the menu to go stright to the dashboard.

Cheers for all the help