Large Scale Moodle server and apps for technical practicals

Large Scale Moodle server and apps for technical practicals

by Melchoir Philip -
Number of replies: 2

hello admin

i am looking for specs for a moodle server capable of hosting a very large amount of students, a figure of 10000 to 5k concurrent - give me your open mind please any documents i will appreciate user amount this is in the , the program will be used to teach bachelor level degrees with soft ware for example scorm, the virtual class room format will utilize video streaming a live or taped stream utilizing a lecturer and a white board with cameras, the video quality will preferably be HD- i have not yet figured the audio constraints but i am looking into it if you have any suggestions i will appreciate it , as i stated there will be the usage of apps to supplement practical training can u assist me please.

APPS FOR PRACTICALS.

the programs are of a technical nature inclusive of electrical installation and routing as well as plumbing , are the developers on this site capable of forwarding a group of companies that offer programs that are able to fill these rolls more than one companies is appreciated

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Melchoir Philip

Re: Large Scale Moodle server and apps for technical practicals

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Explain how you arrived at the figure of concurrent users and what you mean by it?  I want to check your calculations - get that wildly wrong and you are in big trouble. What software do you intend to use for the live whiteboard stuff (seeing as Moodle doesn't directly support this)? Have you - or would you consider - running smaller pilots of Moodle to get some experience. 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Large Scale Moodle server and apps for technical practicals

by Melchoir Philip -

what server specs and network topology would support that concurrent user? please list the information in order if u are capable, thanks, the topology would dictate the scalability u are proposing . thank u.