Was there a change in "complete report" from 3.2 to 3.3? Orphaned activities not shown

Was there a change in "complete report" from 3.2 to 3.3? Orphaned activities not shown

by Eric Hagley -
Number of replies: 3

Many thanks in advance for your time and any assistance you can supply.

I've tried to find the answer to this in the forums but can't.

In Moodle 3.2 when I clicked on a student's "complete report" any information that was in an orphaned area of the course was included.

In 3.3 the term "orphaned activities" seems to have disappeared and now it is "hidden from students".

Any items in that section do not seem to be being reported as per above.

Is this a new thing in 3.3? If so, is there any way I can regain the ability to have "complete report" show what has been done by students in the complete report?

I would be most grateful for any assistance you can offer.

Kind regards,

Eric Hagley

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eric Hagley

Re: Was there a change in "complete report" from 3.2 to 3.3? Orphaned activities not shown

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Orphaned activities no longer exist (which, IMO, is a very good thing). 

We now have 'Stealth activities'. You can read about these here, Stealth_activities

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Was there a change in "complete report" from 3.2 to 3.3? Orphaned activities not shown

by Eric Hagley -
Thank you very much Howard. Don't know the ins and outs of why you think orphaned activities are bad (I loved them!) but I'll take your educated word that they were bad and change to stealth. Admittedly, I prefer the terminology....

Many thanks again.

Eric

In reply to Eric Hagley

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

They were bad because they effectively leveraged a bug or oversight. Anybody who used this 'feature' and then leaves or dumps the course on somebody else without mentioning this would leave a course with little or no chance of figuring out how it had been set up.

The principal is fine and it's finally been sorted with stealth activities. 

Just my $00.02 wink

Average of ratings: Useful (1)