Downloading grade results to Excel

Downloading grade results to Excel

by Robbie Newton -
Number of replies: 3

When trying to download gradebook results to Excel I get the following error. Does anyone have any suggestions? (Moodle 1.5.3)

Thanks in advance
Rob Newton

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\moodle\lang\en\censor.php:8) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\moodle\grade\lib.php on line 1206

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\moodle\lang\en\censor.php:8) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\moodle\grade\lib.php on line 1208

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\moodle\lang\en\censor.php:8) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\moodle\grade\lib.php on line 1209

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\moodle\lang\en\censor.php:8) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\moodle\grade\lib.php on line 1210

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\moodle\lang\en\censor.php:8) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\moodle\grade\lib.php on line 1211
ÐÏࡱá>þÿ þÿÿÿþÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ l ÉGrades=¼%r8X"1ÈÿArial1ÈÿArial1ÈÿArial1Èÿ
Arial1ÈÿArial1È Arialàõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ
À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ
À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À à À à À ÿâ8ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÀÀÀÿ3fÿÿÌÌÿÿffÿf
ÌÌÌÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÌÿÌÿÿÌÿÌÿÿÌÿÿÌÌÿÿÌ3fÿ3ÌÌÌÿÌÿÿfff3f3f33333f33333 !Grades l É*+
Á¡"dXXà?à? First nameSurname
ID number Institution Department Email
address( SCORM: Element 1 Test - Max: 100(
SCORM: Element 2 Test - Max: 100( SCORM: Element 3
Test - Max: 100( SCORM: Element 4 Test - Max: 100
Total

etc. etc. etc.

In reply to Robbie Newton

Re: Downloading grade results to Excel

by James Depow -
Hi,

I don't have an answer for you but I may have a related problem.  I can download ok to Excel but the information is similiar to the last part of your post: strange text and garbage (see attached file)

I am using: Moodle 1.5.3 (2005060230)

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jim

by James Depow -
Hi Robbie,

i was doing some testing on my test site and upgraded to 1.5.3.  I tried to download grades to excel and received similiar error message as you, for example:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\moodle\mod\dfwiki\blocks\lib.php:13) in c:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\moodle\grade\lib.php on line 1203
 and then the same garbage at the end of the error message.

I deleted the dfwiki module and tried the download again.  This time it worked fine.  I have no idea why.

Jim

by James Depow -

Hi,

Well, one more item to think about.  In my production site, there is a LAMS module.  When this module was visable i could download the gradebook to excel but all I got was garbage.  I hid the module and downloaded the gradebook and everything appears fine big grin

I don't undestand why, but...

Jim