Uploading a Flash File (possibly a SCORM package) with a Quiz

Uploading a Flash File (possibly a SCORM package) with a Quiz

by John Colmenares -
Number of replies: 3

Hi, 

I am new to Moodle and I have been asked to upload a flash file which consist of a Powerpoint with audio and a quiz at the end. I have never been responsible for creating an elearning interface so all of this is new to me. The files we are using are going to be for training employees and we would like to be able to define what a passing grade is and only allow the next quiz to be taken if the previous one was passed.

When I use the file with the video and quiz on my PC it runs in Adobe Acrobat but when I look in the zip file there are two files called ScormEnginePackageProperties.xsd and SCORM_utilities.js so I have a feeling it may be a SCORM package. I have learned a little about SCORM packages while I was researching this, but I am not sure exactly what they are capable of in Moodle. 

My questions are: is this actually a SCORM package and not just a flash video? If it is a SCORM package would it be able to run on iPads? How would I go about uploading it? Would I have to upload the whole zip folder as a SCORM package? Is it possible to have the score on the quiz be counted as a grade on Moodle? Is it possible to lock an activity until a certain grade is reached on another activity? 

I am using Moodle 3.3 on Windows.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Colmenares

Re: Uploading a Flash File (possibly a SCORM package) with a Quiz

by S. kavita -
Picture of Testers

Hi,

As per your question i think it is SCORM package. You need to upload the zip file. Make sure the zip file has been created by selected all the files and making it in zip rather than making its folder into zip.

When you do this check out the settings of uploading it here https://docs.moodle.org/23/en/SCORM_settings

If you have flash video file and you want your student to have a look at the video and then move to questions then I would suggest you to use Lesson activity. You can find the settings of Lesson activity here https://docs.moodle.org/32/en/Building_Lesson

Thanks.

In reply to S. kavita

by John Colmenares -

Thanks for the help!

If I upload it as a lesson will the score from the quiz in the SCORM package automatically be counted as a grade on Moodle?

In reply to John Colmenares

by S. kavita -
Picture of Testers

No I had suggested you to use lesson activity instead of SCORM. But if you use it as SCORM activity then yes it will be counted in Moodle Grades.