Mixed SSO not working in app

Mixed SSO not working in app

by Dave Perry -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Testers

We've moved our moodle authentication to be 99% shibboleth, but need some users to still be on manual authentication. I've changed the login method, on the plugin, to be both of the browser ones (to kick our shibboleth page in) but neither option is working.

I seem to remember a different thread, it was discussed about having the username entered first THEN decide whether to do browser or app authentication. How far did this go?

TIA, Dave

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dave Perry

Re: Mixed SSO not working in app

by Eduardo Hm -

Hi Dave

I have the same problem as you. I have a Moodle platform in version 3.1.6 where I have configured multiidentification, SSO CAS and manual accounts.

I installed, according to the documentation of Moodle, the plugin "Advanced features for Moodle Mobile", and when accessing the platform from the Moodle Mobile APP, I have left in the embedded browser that opens for CAS + manual authentication, not being the proper appearance of the APP but the appearance of opening it in any browser.

Have you solve it?

Regards

In reply to Eduardo Hm

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

Not solved, no. Even on desktop, so we had to roll back to LDAP - though we did start work on a clever login screen that would detect the authentication type.

I suspect we'll have to wait for the multi-authtype support to be done properly in moodle mobile, unless I could hack the core of moodle sufficiently. But until we fix our desktop shibboleth issues that is the least of our concerns.

In reply to Dave Perry

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Dave,

is there any site where we could test this?

If you could create us a test account in a site with this configuration would be great. You can send the credentials to mobile@moodle.com it that's possible

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

Hi Juan

Unfortunately we've had to disable this due to issues with Shibboleth's inability to smoothly handle multiple auth types (core's login page needs a major rewrite for it to be able to do this - and a feature is missing in Shibboleth to prevent people having to enter their username twice).

If we eventually fix this, I'll resurrect this and send you a test login.