Setting Enrollment Duration on Moodle 3.0.4

Setting Enrollment Duration on Moodle 3.0.4

by Clary Bits -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

How can I set users to be unenrolled from a course after the enrollment duration has expired; for example lemme say after 18 weeks. I want to set this to be cross cutting to all the courses that have been developed on the platform.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Clary Bits

Re: Setting Enrollment Duration on Moodle 3.0.4

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You don't say how you are enrolling  users but if you are using manual enrolment see -- Manual_enrolment -- and, in particular, the 'Default enrolment duration' setting.

In reply to Howard Miller

by Clary Bits -

Hi Howard,

Have seen how to go about it; for both manual enrollment and self enrollment when i get to the settings of either enrollment methods under course administration. Many Thanks.

However do I need to do this for every course; cant I find a setting under site administration to set a general Enrollment duration for all the courses on the platform.

In reply to Clary Bits

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes and no...

You can set the defaults for new courses (https://docs.moodle.org/33/en/Self_enrolment#Default_enrolment_settings_in_new_courses) but if you already have the plugin in place you'll need to go through and change them all. Note that the plugin setting is still the *default* for new enrolments. It doesn't change existing enrolments.