Question about group membership

Question about group membership

by Lucien Stals -
Number of replies: 3

Hi there,

Using Moodle 3.1

I have a subject where all students are put into tutorial groups.

I also have separate assignment groups.

The problem is that some students have not assigned themselves to assignment groups, and I need to send them an email to remind them.

But how do I find which students are NOT in one of the assignment groups?

If I go into Users > Groups > Overview, I can see who IS in a group. There is also a "no groups" option, but because everyone is already a member of one of the tute groups, it won't show me who isn't a member of the assignment groups.

Is there a way to find everyone who ISN'T a member of a particular group, or grouping?

Thanks,

Lucien.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lucien Stals

Re: Question about group membership

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi Lucien,

If I'm correct, you should be able to see who's part of which group from the Course Administration > Users > Enrolled users screen. The column 'Groups' should display the group(s) a user is a member of.

In reply to Joost Elshoff

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Yep, this is what I do, but quite honestly, I might miss one (actually happened to me just this morning.)

I dug a little, and there is a contributed SQL query that could be used.  I haven't verified that it works, but here it is.

Users enrolled in a course with groups but not assigned a group

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Lucien Stals -

Thanks for looking into this, but I don't have access to the backend to run SQL.

It would be nice if this kind of functionality was available at the front end, since I just ran into this same problem in another subject.

I might raise a feature request.

Cheers.