Permissions Category

Permissions Category

by Armando Silva -
Number of replies: 4

Hi so I am trying to set the permissions to a category, but to no avail.

The way I have it set up on Moodle 3.3.1:

Category A:

-Course A

Category B:

If I go to permissions for Category A, I do not have any roles ( I deleted roles to have permission) in this section View folder content mod/folder:view 

but if I log in as a student with no access to the course, I can still access all the content in Category A. Is there something I am missing here? I want it so that I can not have permission to access any content in category A.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Armando Silva

Re: Permissions Category

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello,

Please can you explain what you mean by 'I can still access all the content in Category A'. Do you mean courses in Category A?

In reply to Helen Foster

by Armando Silva -
Hi Helen,

Yes, the course in Category A are still accessible even though I went to the permission settings of Category A and removed permissions for the roles of "Guest" and "Student" on view contents in folder.

In reply to Armando Silva

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

The view folder content capability only controls whether a user can view a Folder resource and not courses within a category.

You can prevent users from accessing courses within a category by not allowing guest access or self-enrolment to the course. However I don't think it's possible to prevent them from seeing the names of the courses within the category.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Armando Silva -

Hi Helen,

Thank you for the information. I am writing my own php code in course/render.php to check whether any of user's enrolled classes are in that category, if not they do not have access. So my question is answered, thank you again.