Cohort Syncing Question

Cohort Syncing Question

by Joseph Piper -
Number of replies: 1

Greetings,

We have a large student base with student cohorts changing frequently. We create the csv file to be uploaded to Moodle based off the information our student database software provides. The csv file is always up-to-date, but if a student has a change which would place them in a different cohort, is there an automated way to delete the student from the old cohorts?

Example:

A student is grouped into Cohort A (Business Major). After being uploaded into that cohort the student decides to switch to Cohort B (History Major). Our alternate software reflects the change and when we upload the new csv file the student will be placed into Cohort B. However, unless manually removed from Cohort A, they appear in both Cohorts.

The issue is that with such a large student base, these changes occur frequently and manually removing students from cohorts is time consuming. Is there a better way to update cohorts or a more automated process? If it is possible to remove a student from all cohorts it would work to re upload them with the correct cohorts as the csv file is always up-to-date.

Thanks,

Joseph

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph Piper

Er: Cohort Syncing Question

by Zigor Astarbe -

Hi Joseph, could you resolve the issue?

In our institution, i've configured:

The enrolment is manual, but the creation/population of the cohorts is automatic, so your problem could be solved.

BUT, I've had a problem (and i'm going to ask it now in the forum): the cohorts are not automatically removed, only created and populated.

see you!

Zigor