General developer forum

Plugin translations are not updated

Picture of Benoît M
Plugin translations are not updated

Hi, I am translating in French the customcert plugin.
So I add my translations in the  'lang/fr/customcert.php' translation  file, see this commit.

I saw on moodle site that some of my translations wasn't refreshed (not the last string I type in the translation file), so I clear cache using:
moodle/admin/cli/purge_caches.php
but the old translation is still here.

After running a grep command, I saw that this translation came from files located in 'moodledata':
Here I search the french word 'apportera' that shouldn't been displayed anymore in my translation:

grep -rl apportera  /vagrant/shared/moodledata/
/vagrant/shared/moodledata/lang/fr/customcert.php
/vagrant/shared/moodledata/cache/cachestore_file/default_application/core_string/fr_-cache/fr_mod_customcert_1503913377-e145ce143e30c5c9b910371e9ddd7c28.cache

How can I fix that ?
greetings,
Ben

Average of ratings: -
C'est moi :-)
Re: Plugin translations are not updated
Documentation writersParticularly helpful MoodlersTestersTranslators

Hi Benoît,

It's always good to have people making translations.

But i think you don't do it the "good" (Moodle) way. You'd better use AMOS for Moodle translations (and look at AMOS french documentation).

"Official" translations being in language packs, you have to update your language packs to have the latest translations (which by default is automated since several Moodle version).

Don't hesitate to come on the "Moodle en français" course, there's even a forum dedicated to translation wink

Séverin

Average of ratings: Useful (5)
Picture of Benoît M
Re: Plugin translations are not updated

Hi Séverin,

ok I will consider AMOS. I am a little disappointed not to be able to contribute directly on github.

thanks for your answer,

Greetings,

Ben

Average of ratings: -