recertification/recompletion plugin

Re: recertification/recompletion plugin

by Dan Marsden -
Number of replies: 17
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

If you are have a testing environment where you might be able to test the existing plugin give it a go and then let me know how you find it, what other shortcomings it seems to have that are not already documented as issues in the tracker etc.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Adam Bacon -

Hi Dan, I have been testing your plugin on my test environment and may I say how well it works. One of the major issues I have found is with quizzes. If you have an attempt limited quiz, when you clear the completion the attempts are still present so if you have used them all you cannot retake the test. I have looked at trying a few different things to work around it (changing the attempt numbers to 0) but it seems to calculate the value from the number of table entries on the fly so that wont work. I think I have almost got the code to delete the attempts altogether. I will have a look at how you hook up a button to say you want to delete it or not. If you want me to do any other testing, let me know.

Best Regards

Adam

In reply to Adam Bacon

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Thanks Adam, great to hear you have found it useful - pull requests against the github repository are welcome! smile
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Adam Bacon -

Hi Dan,

Been doing a fair bit of work on your plugin and have added the following functionality.

- Select whether to archive completion data.

- Delete and/or Archive Current Grade data (doesn't affect Grade History).

- Delete and/or Archive Quiz completion/attempts data.

- Delete and/or Archive SCORM data.

- Allow custom email message to be added.

All these options are selectable in the form.

I am just testing it at the moment but would like to show them to you so you could add it to the main code if you wish. This is my first foray into coding for moodle but it has been quite an enjoyable experience and seems good,

In reply to Adam Bacon

by Dan Marsden -

Hi Adam, 

sounds great - best way to do it would be to create a fork of my github repo, then upload your changes to your fork in github and hit the pull request button. I look forward to taking a look!

In reply to Adam Bacon

by Olli Savolainen -

Hi Adam,

I'm trying to understand the messaging functionality.

1. How early before the expiration date of the course will that message be sent to the visitor?

Would the reminder only happen once?

Or does the message only get sent when the expiration has already happened?

2. Is the reminder always sent for the last completion of the course?

Thanks -

Olli

In reply to Olli Savolainen

by Mark Whitington -

Hi Olli,

I believe Recompletion only sends one email when the conditions are met (ie the time has expired).

We are using the Re-engagement plugin in association with Recompletion to achieve the following:

Say you have a year long accreditation course...

• Reengagement sends out a "reminder" after a set time (48 weeks)
  • Recompletion deletes grades and sends a final notice after a set time (52 weeks)

Cheers

Mark

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mark Whitington

by Olli Savolainen -

Thanks, Mark!

Didn't know about the re-engagement plugin. So can you configure that to send emails to users who have already completed the course? From the plugin description it seems that you cannot: "If the user has already completed the target activity, no email is sent."

https://moodle.org/plugins/mod_reengagement

Olli

In reply to Olli Savolainen

by Mark Whitington -

Hi Olli,

Not sure... we are new to this too...

We have recompletion set to send a reminder notification out after the user has completed the previous assessment.

Eg... the user has completed a quiz then the re-engagement email is sent after a delay. (48 weeks)

In the image below... you can see the last access and notification times ... even for users who have not completed the expected activity.

reengagement image

The activity trigger is controlled by the "Restrict access" setting.

I believe the "Activity completion" settings help control the notification time for inactive users.

Recompletion then strips out the grade with its notification email and the whole process starts again.

Dan may be able to confirm for us if he sees this posing.

cheers

Mark

Svar: Re: recertification/recompletion plugin

by Pär Brink -

Hi Mark!

We are also using recompletion.

How do you access the report/list that your image show? 

Regards
Pär

In reply to Pär Brink

Svar: Re: recertification/recompletion plugin

by Pär Brink -
Ah! Sorry!
The image shows the re-engagement list. I thought it showed a recompletion list.
Sorry about that!

Regards
Pär
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Mark Whitington -

Thanks Dan for starting this plugin.

I am running M3.3 on a localhost WAMP.

Also using V 2017082403 of the plugin.

I have set the recompletion to 1 day.

I have not been able to get the grades nor the activity completion to change even after running the cron manually.

Is there something else that I am missing?

Cheers

Mark

by Dan Marsden -

how are you running cron? - did you trigger the individual recompletion task in admin > server > scheduled tasks? - or did you just trigger a single call to cron.php ? - you should try setting up cron correctly or triggering the individual task on the scheduled tasks page in Moodle.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Mark Whitington -

Thanks Dan,

As you suspected I am making a single call to ... admin\cron.php.

I will have a read about cron in the docs and also task scheduling as these are new to me.

Cheers

Mark

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Mark Whitington -

Hi Dan I have located and set the scheduled task for the Recompletion plugin to hourly.

Still no luck... including triggering the cron again.

Should I try in M3.4?

by Dan Marsden -

I haven't personally tested it on versions prior to 3.4 but it shouldn't make much of a difference.

Make sure you have some users who have course completion set to completed - I use the course completion report to verify this myself - course completion often relies on other cron tasks to be running correctly too.

I'd also suggest you use the scheduled tasks settings under admin > server > Scheduled tasks to monitor this - you can trigger an individual task using the "run now" link beside each task.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by suji cheriya -

Hi Dan Marsden,

Thanks for starting this plugin.

I am running M3.3 on a localhost WAMP.

I have set course certifIcate using quiz attempt passgrade. That is, if student fail second attempt quiz, student have to retake from scratch and give extra one attempt quiz. 

I have set the recompletion to one  week. And who has failed in quiz last attempt. he should retake the course. How it's work with  recertification/recompletion plugin. it's working automatically ?  or we  have set manually for failed student? .please suggest me..

In reply to suji cheriya

by Dan Marsden -

This doesn't sound like what the recompletion plugin is designed to do.

Recompletion is designed for courses that are required to be taken multiple times - for example a Health & Safety course which an employee is required to complete every 12 months. They complete the course the first time, and then 12 months later their progress within the course is deleted and the employee is emailed and asked to retake the same course again.

I think to do what you are asking for will require some custom development but someone else in the community might have an idea how you could achieve this behaviour.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)