Change appearance of links to activities

Change appearance of links to activities

by David Smith -
Number of replies: 4

I can see that there are lots of themes that will change the overall look and feel of a moodle page, but all that I've seen seem to leave the look of the links to activities the same (or make minor changes such as font colour). Is it possible to change the styling to look more like buttons (rounded edge borders, larger font and icons, etc)? Is there a theme that does this already?

(I'm hoping to do this automatically using CSS or themes, not manually linking each time using HTML)

(Using v3)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Smith

Re: Change appearance of links to activities

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

Do you have a specific look that you would like to see, as it's easy enough to convert a link into a button using CSS. Pehrps a link gto a website you have seen and liked?

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by David Smith -

To be honest, I just wanted reassurance that it was possible to do it via CSS. My organisation is considering making a set of html labels ("quiz 1" or "dropbox 2" etc) and asking us to manually link each activity to it. I thought there had to be a better way to get the same effect.

I worried a little when I  couldn't find themes that did this for us.

In reply to David Smith

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Did you take a look to Adaptable latest version that includes options to customize activities?