Adaptable: version 1.5.1 released

Re: Adaptable: version 1.5.1 released

by Chye Siaw -
Number of replies: 11

Nvm, it seems I have misunderstood what "current" section means.

So for weekly format, current week's section gets highlighted. For topics format, a manually chosen topic gets highlighted.

Is there a way for the student's current section (ie where the logged-in student have done up to within the course) to be the highlighted section?

In reply to Chye Siaw

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

No, this is a moodle feature. Adaptable just allow to set the colour

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by Daniell Goodin -

Hi, team

Feel like I am stepping into the land of the Giants with this theme smile

First up, where do you want questions on the use of them put?

Here or out to the blog site as I am going to be pushing this as much as I can to make it look great and usable?

I have a week to pull this together as bit the bullet and gone with the upgrade that was planned. 

I am referring to this post. 

Re: Gremlins in main theme code?

but for this question.. 

not figuring in of the Poodll plugin type questions (As I will keep these out to the plugin thread)

Setup: 

Moodle 3.3.2

Adaptable: version 1.5.1

What would be the best code to use for a range of Tabs through the course and books that are used?

Seems right at this stage I haven't got Poodll working correctly so will have to hard code these until I figure out what is going wrong with the Poodll plugin.

Edits:  This is working, but I have killed Poodll, will have to work on it over the coming week. 

HOME

Some content.

https://www.w3schools.com/bootstrap/bootstrap_tabs_pills.asp
In reply to Daniell Goodin

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Have you tried using the tabs and tabitem templates in the Generico filter? There is also an accordion template.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Ok, if you read the forums code of conduct (https://moodle.org/mod/page/view.php?id=7080) you will find the words:

"Posting the same question in multiple forums is of no benefit. It only fragments the support you receive and makes it more difficult for other users to find the correct information in the future when they do a search.

If you really feel your topic falls in two forums (e.g. a major development in the Quiz module that may impact other parts of Moodle), pick the most specific (e.g. Quiz forum) and post a small pointer to the other discussion in the second forum (e.g. General developer forum)."

Therefore post in one forum only whenever possible.  So if 'theme' and styling related then post in the 'Themes' (this) forum.

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Daniell,

if I were you I would ask all the questions I need  answers for in the Adaptable support website. There is a link to it in the Adaptable themes plugin page.  Also I believe you will get better support from the Adaptable team.

As for Poodle and the Generico Filter then you are better asking for help in General Forum where there is a discussion already in place.

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=261896

Hope this helps?

Mary

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Evans

by Daniell Goodin -

Thanks, Mary, 

Will head to the Adaptable blog and as I settle down with a stable base will build off it with the theme. 

@Gareth & AL.. 

Answered in the general thread.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Gary Lynch -

To whoever is in the adaptable team the reCAPTCHA is not working on your site :*(

In reply to Gary Lynch

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

The form is not working as it shows in the message box. It is just a demo site.

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by Daniell Goodin -

Just keeping it here and in the spirit of sharing..

Got the theme all set and looking great but came across an age old problem for many.. 

How to get rid of that 'All courses' link on front page - drop the following in to the setting for custom css.

.pagelayout-frontpage #frontpage-course-list .paging-morelink {display:none;}   

Comes from this helpful post from 2014

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=259308#p1128866

I am not sure if it might cause other problems as yet, someone with more knowledge might be able to tell me.

But I hope this saves someone a few hours of work, as it did for me as I had to wade though a ton of posts to get this fix. smile