where did my editing button go and admin block?

where did my editing button go and admin block?

by Leticia Dark-rose -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

I don't understand it, i am an admin, but don't/can't see the editing on cog on course pages and front page. I also can't seem to reinstate my admin block...it is still present in the list, but i cannot add it va blocks

any help would be fantastic.

Leticia

Attachment home-noediting.png
Attachment Learning_ Administration_ Plugins_ Blocks_ Manage blocks.png
Attachment noogcourse.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Leticia Dark-rose

Re: where did my editing button go and admin block?

by S. kavita -
Picture of Testers

Hi,

As I can see from your screenshot that Administration block i.e. Site administration is available in the left side of the screen. And from site administration you can be able to Turn the editing on.

screenshot

In reply to S. kavita

by Leticia Dark-rose -

thanks for your reply... is this the usual way to turn editing on in Version 3.3 now?

Kind Regards,

Leticia

by S. kavita -
Picture of Testers
Usually you will find the turn editing on link from the gear icon which present at the top right corner of the screen.

by Sue Holtz -

I found going into the Admin block to turn editing on was cumbersome. We use Essential theme and I was able to go back to blocks instead of what they call flat navigation. This was in the General folder under Themes/Clean/Essential.

Attachment 2017-09-05_1041.png
In reply to Sue Holtz

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Is the theme (and/or the version you have installed) compatible with Moodle 3.3? See how it looks in the standard 'Boost' theme. I think you might find that your issues are down to the theme you are using.