Assignment submissions with multiple fields?

Assignment submissions with multiple fields?

by Andrew Bailey -
Number of replies: 6

I'm using Moodle 3.1.

I want to have an assignment where there's text and then several questions each with their own text field all on the same page. Is there a plugin that can help with this (I tried looking, but found nothing) or would I need to make my own assignment submission plugin?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andrew Bailey

Re: Assignment submissions with multiple fields?

by Dave Balch -

Quiz activity?

In reply to Dave Balch

by Andrew Bailey -

Thank you for your response. I considered that, but it seemed like Quiz doesn't present the information like a I want.. that is several short questions based on a paragraph or two of text. Also I'm concerned it would be confusing for students since we have actual quizzes.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

But you can set it up exactly like that.  Add an information "question type" with the text.  Then put the questions below it.  Any time you ask a student to answer questions, it can considered a quiz.  I am not sure why that would confuse them!!  You can title it whatever you want...

You might also look at the lesson module.  

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Andrew,

If you don't want to do it using quiz, You can do it with the built in Lesson activity or, if you can install plugins, you might try, Content Pages, (mod_icontent). It let's you use question from you question bank, but does not support every type question.

Note: A downside to Lesson, is it uses it's own questions so you would not be able to use questions from your question bank.

by Lynn Wilhelm -

You could try creating a pdf form they have to download and fill out. 
Just be sure to tell students to download and save it before filling it out because they may lose their text.

They then save the completed form again and upload it as their submission.

I've found that if everyone uses Adobe Reader DC it works nicely. Apple's Preview does not play well with Adobe forms.

Just add the form to the assignment for them.