Moodle Installation not working with local server

Moodle Installation not working with local server

by Mani Naga -
Number of replies: 5

Repeatedly facing three issue while installing moodle software in local server.

1. version 5.5.31 is required and you are running 5.5.5.10.1.25
  2. PHP opcode caching improves performance and lowers memory requirements, OPcache extension is recommended and fully supported.
  3. It has been detected that your site is not secured using HTTPS. It is strongly recommended to migrate your site to HTTPS for increased security and improved integration with other systems

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mani Naga

Re: Moodle Installation not working with local server

by Dan Bennett -

Not quite sure what you're asking here, each three points you've raised state how to resolve them in the same line.

What is your local server OS?

• version 5.5.31 is required and you are running 5.5.5.10.1.25

Upgrade PHP. I recommend to PHP 5.6.

• PHP opcode caching improves performance and lowers memory requirements, OPcache extension is recommended and fully supported.

Not an error, just for information. However, when installing PHP - install the opcache extension.

• It has been detected that your site is not secured using HTTPS. It is strongly recommended to migrate your site to HTTPS for increased security and improved integration with other systems
Not an error, just for information. If it's a local site for dev and playing, not to be used as live - then ignore this. If it's a live site, follow it's recommendation and use HTTPS.
In reply to Dan Bennett

by Mani Naga -

Hi,

When i am installing Moodle in my local system it is stopping near server checks. From here i am not able to proceed forward to complete installation process.

1. I am using windows 7 OS and installed XAMP server in my local system which is latest version.

2. Already opcache extension is enabled in php.ini file but also its showing same error.

3. How can we enable HTTPS secured exteension in local system that is my question.

Because of above three issues i am not able to complete installation process.

Thanks

In reply to Mani Naga

by Mani Naga -

Hi,

After installing Moodle and  after entering admin details its going to empty screen. May i know what would be the problem.

Thanks

In reply to Mani Naga

by Rahul Rai -

HI Mani

you need to edit your config.php and specify database as "mariadb" instead of "mysqli".

Then restart your server.