Moodle 3.3 / Google Calendar / Scheduler not syncing fully

Moodle 3.3 / Google Calendar / Scheduler not syncing fully

by Sébastien Petit -
Number of replies: 9

Hey there,

I'm having an issue I didn't use to have last year: When exporting my calendar through Moodle, I import an url into Google calendar but not all events are displayed (course events seem to always be imported fine) Pic1 Google Calendar shows a course event but Pic2 (original Moodle calendar to be exported) and Pic3 show that a scheduler event is missing in the export (meeting with student 'guinea pig' on 9/11/2017)

All export settings look fine:

http://*mywebsite*.fr/calendar/export_execute.php?userid=37&authtoken=2e08a9ccb556d0ab61a686d9a91959f4ef0b4a24&preset_what=all&preset_time=custom

(I export everything + custom time frame is a full year).

Finally, if I paste the full url generated by moodle (export_execute.php) into the address bar of my browser, I get an .ics file that contains ALL events, including the scheduler events. See final attachment: - https://moodle.org/pluginfile.php/143/mod_forum/post/1440559/icalexport.ics

Any clue what might be wrong???

Thanks for your help.

*EDIT1: forgot to attach a screenshot of google calendar showing the missing event (pic3)

Attachment 1.png
Attachment 2.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sébastien Petit

Re: Moodle 3.3 / Google Calendar / Scheduler not syncing fully

by Sébastien Petit -

*bump*

by Sébastien Petit -

*bump*

by Sébastien Petit -

*bump*

Still a major issue for me. No idea what's wrong. Happy 2018...

by Kelli Fleming -
I am having a similar issues. Items entered into calendar manually in Moodle are transferring fine but items that are connected to other functions in Moodle. i.e. assignment deadlines are not transferring at all. 

Any love out there?

by Carly Born -

You may have realized this by now, but the Moodle calendar export does not include User Events, which is what a Scheduler appointment is. I think this was a choice that was made and I don't expect it to change.

In reply to Carly Born

by Jason Brisson -

Hi Carly, you say «Moodle calendar export does not include User Events» but then why is there an option for it on the calendar export page?

Thx!

Cal Export

In reply to Jason Brisson

by Carly Born -

That must be new in 3.5.  It wasn't there before.

I stumbled upon this thread because I'm having trouble with some users who are trying to subscribe to their Moodle Calendar in Google. Not all events are showing up in Google, even though they are course events and should display. I don't think this dynamic link is reliable, but I can't tell if Moodle or Google are to blame.

In reply to Carly Born

by Jason Brisson -

It may be new... we upgrade to 3.5+ from 3.2.1 at my workplace so i can't really tell.

But great news, i've just upgraded to 3.5.1+ on my development environment and the dynamic link export the user events as expected!