Using same question text and having several sub questions

Using same question text and having several sub questions

by Bruce Herbert -
Number of replies: 2

Using Moodle 3.1

I am wanting to have a short case study in a block of text, then a series of questions relating to the text.

Is there a way of keeping a block of text on the screen, then having several questions, one after the other?

I tried to add in an instruction block, but I only seem to be able to use it once, which is not what I want - it needs to be used many times.

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bruce Herbert

Re: Using same question text and having several sub questions

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Bruce,

If you can install plugins, the Content Pages (mod_icontent) allows you to do exactly what you want to achieve. It also allows students to keep notes and provide feedback while the pages act very similar to slides in presentations.

As for the regular Moodle quiz capabilities you could put your case study in a Description type question and put it as the first question on a page followed by your questions.

In reply to Bruce Herbert

Re: Using same question text and having several sub questions

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Are you trying to use the Quiz activity?  If so, you can use a Description question type for the case study, then follow this with appropriate other question types.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)