Video in SCORM from Captivate 2017 does not display in Moodle Mobile App

Video in SCORM from Captivate 2017 does not display in Moodle Mobile App

by Carl Lauer -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

I have created a SCORM 1.2 package in Captivate 2017 that includes an Event Video and uploaded it to a Moodle site (release 3.3, Build: 20170515) running the Essential theme. When playing the SCORM package on a Win 7 notebook logged into the Moodle site as a student, the video plays as expected, but when using the Moodle Mobile App (rel. 3.3.1 on Android 5.1.1), the video just shows as black image, although the video's sound plays correctly. Any help in identifying what the cause of this issue might be would be greatly appreciated!

Carl

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carl Lauer

Re: Video in SCORM from Captivate 2017 does not display in Moodle Mobile App

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Carl,

have you checked if the video plays in the device's browser? Sometimes the device doesn't have the right codecs to play the video.

If the video works fine in the browser but not on the app, please send us a test account to mobile@moodle.com so we can take a look. We need the Moodle URL, username and password. Also, please reference this post in the mail.

Kind regards,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Carl Lauer -

Hi Dani,

Thanks for the prompt reply. The video does not play either in Chrome (59) or in FF (55) on the Android phone. However, it does not appear to be a codec issue, as the video does play (albeit after dropping the first few frames), if it is a multi-slide synchronised video, rather than an event video in Captivate. Do you have any experience with running these two different types of videos (MP4) in Moodle Mobile App?

Thanks and regards,

Carl

In reply to Carl Lauer

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Carl,

I'm sorry, but I don't know how to fix that. Hopefully somebody else will be able to help you smile

Kind regards,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Carl Lauer -

Thanks for your reply, Dani. I'll continue my search smile.

In reply to Carl Lauer

by Carl Lauer -

Hi,

We discovered what the issue was: the Captivate 2017 project was corrupted. After rebuilding it, the video was displayed correctly in the Moodle Mobile App.

Carl