Blank Screen when adding a moodle (3.1.7) activity to a course

Blank Screen when adding a moodle (3.1.7) activity to a course

by Björn Karpenstein -
Number of replies: 2

Hello Folks!

My System Configuration is the following:

• Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.4 (Maipo) (AMAZON AWS EC2)
  • PHP 5.4.16,
  • Maria DB
  • Moodle 3.1.7 (installed with "sudo yum install moodle")

My Problem:

When i am pressing the Button "Add an activity or ressource" in the Course administration, the popup opens correctly to select the activity/ressource, but when i click the "Add"-Button i get a blank screen (Chrome says HTTP 500).:

http://domain/moodle/course/modedit.php?add=folder&type=&course=2&section=0&return=0&sr=0

My Question:

What can i do to get rid of the blank Screen and add activities/ressources

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Björn Karpenstein

Re: Blank Screen when adding a moodle (3.1.7) activity to a course

by Björn Karpenstein -

When i turn on Debugging i get the following error:

...moodle/course/modedit.php?add=folder&type=&course=2§ion=0&return=0&sr=0 Fatal error: Call to undefined method tool_lp_course_competencies_form_element::tool_lp_course_competencies_form_element() in /usr/share/pear/HTML/QuickForm/element.php on line 375

My (weak) Solution:

When i turn off the Competencies under

Administration -> Site Administration -> Competencies -> Competencies Settings -> Enable competencies 

it works. 

If someone has a better solution please tell me.

In reply to Björn Karpenstein

Re: Blank Screen when adding a moodle (3.1.7) activity to a course

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Might have something to do with the way moodle was installed .. via yum.

I take it that's going to a repo maintained by Amazon?   Is it a Bitnami package installed by yum or some other package offered by whom?

Reason I suspect ... there are many many many others who have 3.1.7 installed via the 'normal' installations that have not reported the same problem.

This:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method tool_lp_course_competencies_form_element::tool_lp_course_competencies_form_element()

suggest something missing from the code for the version of Moodle maybe from where code was acquired.

https://docs.moodle.org/31/en/Installation_quick_guide

'spirit of sharing', Ken